Gambling and Gender Difference
Each sex perceives and consequently handles several situations differently. Gambling is one of those things that is viewed quite differently by the two genders. It may not be obvious to many but there are significant differences between men and women when it comes to gambling.
In general, men are more exposed to the game than women are. This exposure has led them to be more aggressive and daring. This is as compared to women. Men are more associated with gambling than women.
You will certainly be interested to note some of the notable distinctions between the two genders. You will also realise that these are things that you have generally observed but just not taken note of.
Here is an illustration of some of the most notable variations in gambling habits between men and women.
The Games They Play
There is a significant difference in the choice of games played by men and women.
- Men have proven to engage in more complex and consuming games than women. They tend to be more involved in the games they play too.
- Women, on the other hand, will pick the more simple and fun options. It is not a very serious affair to them but more of a fun activity. As such you will find that women tend to play in groups even if the bet is placed by one person. Men will visit the casino as individuals.
- Games that are favourites to men include blackjack, poker and sports betting. For women bingo and slot machines are among the top choices. The games mentioned are evidence of this divide.
The Risks Are Taken by Men and Women
- Women will always tend to be more cautious when handling the whole gambling situation. Much as it is a fun activity for them, they make their choices with more scrutiny.
- A man will easily place a bet based on a simple hunch. Women, on the other hand, will take time to see the viability of the same.
- On the same page, men tend to be more generous with the amounts they place on their bets. A lady is more likely to have a strict budget when it comes to what she spends.
- This is attributed to both hormonal and habitual differences between the two sexes. Testosterone levels in men which are higher tend to make them more aggressive and daring. Men also tend to take more risks than women naturally. A woman will always weigh all the odds before making a decision.
Physical vs. Online
Given that this is a recreational activity for most women, they tend to play their games at the casino. Men are more prominent when it comes to online gambling.
This may be because of the choice of games they choose to play. The fact that men would rather engage alone also contributes to this.
It is more fun for women to play a physical game as they tend to operate in small groups. It would not be as fun for them to crowd over a computer screen or a mobile phone.
Reasons Why Each Play
Male players will be going more for the money than fun. This explains some of the big amounts of money placed on bets.
Women just want to take a chance and enjoy the game. It is not all about the money.
This is explained by the female nature of looking beyond materials and more in substance. There is more to the game than making money to them.
The list could go on and on but this is sufficient illustration of the differences between men and women when it comes to gambling.
Blog Name: Gambling and Gender Difference
Posted On: 20/05/2019
Author: Robert Bowron