In 1933, novelist James Hilton introduced the world to an imaginary Himalayan kingdom called Shangri-La. Soon after, the name was to become normally used to refer to a paradise of sorts.
The book and the theme behind it have been copiously borrowed from over the years, and there are quite a few slots on the market that are based on it. One these is unpretentiously called the Shangri-La slot and is made by NextGen.
Scroll down for more information on this slots online.
Shangri-La Or Nothing!
- This slots online have 5 reels, 3 rows and fixed paylines of 15. The reels in view are intricately wrought and made of gold, with the backdrop showing the magnificent peaks of the Himalayas, waterfalls and a temple.
- The graphical quality of everything in view is highly impressive and there’s more than a fair bit of eye-candy smeared everywhere. 3D playing cards are the low-value icons here. The high values, on the other hand, consist of a sword, lotus flower, temple, elephant, tiger, and a rhino.
- A stunning young lady is a wild icon. She can only be seen on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels, doubles the value of all wins she contributes to and replaces all the other icons bar the scatter.
- Random Features– during spins in the base game, such bonuses like random wilds, extra scatters and wild reels are randomly awarded.
- Shangri-La Bonus– triggering this feature necessitates the landing of three and up of the scatter icon anywhere in view. A wheel is then spun, with the results of the spin determining which of the following bonuses players will be awarded:
- Free Spins– 8 free spins are awarded, with the possibility of wilds happening along being boosted.
- Super Free Spins– a dozen free spins are given, with wilds guaranteed to appear.
- Chest Bonus– players must pick through some chests, winning prizes as they go. A trap ends the feature.
- Trail Bonus– a wheel can be spun here to enable players to traverse a map. Prizes are won till the “X” is hit.
- Gamble Feature– players can optionally gamble wins by clicking the provided hearts/clubs button. Correct prediction of the right colour or suit of cards either doubles or quadruples the stake, but a single wrong guess ends the round.
The Shangri-La slot looks good enough with exciting symbols and interesting bonuses. Overall, it is wild, punchy and worth a try.